Thursday, August 13, 2009

Writing Journal Paper 3...

So, this next one you're about to read was an assignment that was supposed to be written about ourselves. I hope you can get a glimpse of who I was back in 1994.

ME
by
Spencer ??????????



ENG 98-5
Ms. Sarah L. Dye
April 20,1994

I have been on this planet for a good, solid twenty years. One may ask, "What have you done to change the world?" I may not know what I've done to change the world, but I do know that I'll still be here for a while and I still probably have some time to make some changes. But as of right now, I've lived a fairly average life. Nothing too spectacular, yet nothing too terribly boring either. I 've spent most of my life doing what many kids my age have been doing: going to school, trying to get somewhere, and having fun in the process of doing these things.

I only went there because I had to. Yet I've spent most of my life there. School. I never wanted to go there, and while I was there I never cared about how people saw me. I don't know where the time went while I was there. It certainly wasn't spent on homework or anything else productive. I've yet to see the day when I spend my time doing anything productive.

I suppose this may be the reason why I've only had three jobs in my whole life. In fact ever since about 1992, when I was last employed, I've been your average, college student/jobless scum. It's not that I don't want a job. Sometimes I even apply for one. Let's just say that I want a job, but all of the businesses that are hiring aren't exactly the kind of job I want. I'm looking more along the lines of working behind a counter somewhere, as opposed to working somewhere where I have to do tedious, physical labor. I picture myself ringing up sale at a music store, rather than hauling wood in a lumber yard.

Being a jobless scum and all, means that I must have a lot of spare time on my hands. I'm sure you're just sitting on the end of your seat, anxious to hear what I do with it all. I skate. I ride my skateboard until my little heart's content. Often that could be until three, maybe four in the morning. It seems like I spend half my time looking for someone to skate with. I rarely find anyone, so needles to say, I usually skate alone. A lot of people may think that I'm a little too old to be skating until all hours of the night, but skating is one of the few things that I truly enjoy. After all, what's wrong with spending your time doing something that you really enjoy?

I'm not to sure about what my future may have in store for me. I'm pretty sure that someday I might get a job. After all, I can't be a low life, college student/jobless scum for the rest of my life. I suppose someday I'll have to finally graduate college and support myself. That also means no more skating 'till the wee hours of the night and no more just loafing around, looking for someone to skate with. Who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky and marry a woman who will support me and my boyish habits for the rest of my life.


Okay, the jobs climbed from three to nine, I never graduated college, I've been a jobless scum for seven months collecting unemployment thanks to the economy (I've been sending my resumes) doing odd jobs like house sitting, helping people move, dog sitting and helping Kevin Porter and his De●li●cious Cafe at their booth at Rib-fest serving Vegan ribs courtesy of Upton's Naturals. I'm still skating, looking for people to skate with, just not until 3-4 in the morning. Now, it's moar like I go between nine and Noon. Old Fart Barney hours. I'm not married yet, I still enjoy it all though.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Liquid Hologram" by Inner Action from Side A of a cassette tape that I made on March 4th, 2006.
The original is on the album called "Liquid Hologram" originally released on October 3rd 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy