Monday, August 31, 2009

Politics Of Ecstacy...


So, I found this CD at a garage sale on Saturday for $1, to me, it is worth waaaay more than that. Basically it's a Psychic TV Acid House compilation from 1990 on WaxTrax records out of Chicago, IL.
The first track is by M.E.S.H. which stands for "meet every situation head on" and is an alias for the group "the Grid" and is one half Dave Ball, who was in the group Soft Cell.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to a blank black cassette with the paper label peeled off. The tape had been broken, so I unscrewed it, opened it up, found the ends of each side, fed/webbed them back through the top, closed the housing, cut the ends of each side and spliced the tape back together using a piece of packing tape on the backside of the tape itself. Guess what it turned out to be, an old mix tape of Cheap Trick, I have no clue who's tape this was, as I was not into Cheap Trick until after HS. Maybe my brother's, maybe one of the tapes he had found on the side of the road in a ditch, with a bunch of others, back when we lived in Genoa, IL on baseline road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy