Friday, June 12, 2009

thuMp! The World...


So, recently a skater friend of mine, the 42 year old, Amos "Soma" Fuller made a video for his group thuMp! at the Car Wash ramp on Chicago's south side in the Back O' The Yards neighborhood. Soma is an amazing songwriter, bassist and drummer, it was after visiting him at his Apartment this winter and playing on his Alesis QS8 that I got the bug to pull out at least one of my own synths and start getting back into noise making. You see, I own an Alesis QSR and it is what I used as my main source of synth and drums in all my old songs.

As the story goes apparently, Soma was getting back into skating and saw me riding at one of the local parks during the winter about 6 - 8 years ago and I sort of inspired him to get back into it more due to my lack of taking skateboarding seriously and just doing my own thing skating my own way and having the best time at it. After hearing him tell me this a few years back there was a weird feeling it gave me inside to know that I made a difference in someone's life to make them want to skate more.

Sidetracked, Okay here in this video we also have Tim (MC Activist), the kid standing next to him at the piano, who does some rapping for thuMp! on other songs. Tim is also a good street skater, kinda tech and low key with a Ray Barbee smile to match. Also in the video, Tim is wearing black next to my colored friend Alex "Turbo" Cohen of Buster Bear Clothing who is wearing the red hat painting the mural on the Canvas. "Shirtless" Mark Szymanski is the guy skating around Elena while she sings in the flat of the mini ramp. I think they did pretty good at making the small space and the ramp look as if it were filmed right in Elena's exposed brick loft apartment. I'm pretty glad the video turned out good, Soma is really excited about this project. Have a Kewl WKND where ever you are.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Virtual Environment" by Valleyman from the "Pondou Fever" compilation mixed by DJ Dara Lee on Peyote records 1997.

2 comments:

  1. is totally gay they blocked videos at work. i hate this place. p.s. if anyone reads this, i am looking for a new job. and even though i spend a lot of time on the internet while working, i get a lot of chit done. one of my best qualities is my superb ability to multitask.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy