Thursday, June 11, 2009

Caffeine Bomb...


So, I was really into a band B in the D called Fretblanket and their album was called Junkfuel. Now, I used to listen to that album alllllllll the time, they even had a song on a 411VM10 and I was so psyched that they were on there. Somewhere along the way I had either lost, sold or better yet... someone stole it. I'm going with Lost or Stolen seeing as I listened to it soooo much and would never part with it.
Anyway, as time went by and slipped away I had since forgot about it until someone had said the term "Curtainsville" and it brought back that song into my head and then slowly the band name crept back in and then the mind racker, the album name itself. Then it got me to wondering WTFrick happened to my copy that I had bought Brand New in 1994.

I then started to search used CD bins for my lost heart string pullers, six string no less. I started typing in Artist and Album in a thriving yearning search to achieve ownership of what was once rightfully mine. In my search I had come across a compilation mix that had not only My beloved Fretblanket, but another great band that I <3 (greater than 3) aka: heart aka: love... Mega City Four. Okay now that I had seen them I knew I had to DWNLD this album, also included were bands like Snuff, Leatherface and The Wildhearts. As I read from the fellow bloggers post, he too had said it was the best money he had spent in finding his used copy of Junkfuel.
Get a dose of the Caffeine Bomb that you need.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Happy Birthday (Timitico's Party Blast)" by Technohead from the compilation "Make'em Mokum Crazy: This is the New Sound of Popcore" 1996 (Technohead was one of the many side projects of Lee Newman & Michael Wells, husband and wife duo, Greater Than One)

1 comment:

  1. i love it when i find old bands that i have forgotten about! dude you are up to nine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy