Friday, June 5, 2009

Picture this Daddy...


So, this photo above is one taken by my Dad. He will be having a few pieces showing in an art show out in Dixon, IL this weekend. Tonight is the opening reception at 6pm at a place called The Next Picture Show located right smack dab in the middle of downtown. My dad has been taking photos pretty much all his life as far as I know, I remember as a kid he would have a tiny darkroom set up in like a closet or one section blocked off in the basement and is one of the reasons I took up photography in college. I was given his old Asahi Pentax which, to this day, I always thought it took the best pictures, they always came out with such vivid color and the clearest images with such great defining edges.

He would take pictures of anything from Trains derailing, Flooded Rivers, Wild Turkeys or even the inside of the cooling tower at Byron Nuclear Plant. He enters these thing pretty regularly and places pretty well, even if he doesn't place in the Top Three he'll be given the Honorable Mention. If you happen to be going out that way this weekend at all czech it out. Maybe you're going to the new skatepark in Davenport, Iowa, maybe just want to get out of the city and go visit a State Park, it's a straight shot out of Chicago on I-88. Have a great Weekend
.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "The Plank" by Buffalo Tom from the album "Buffalo Tom" from 1988 on SST Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy