Friday, May 15, 2009

Cookies & Penguins...


So, Ever since February 1999, after having my teeth knocked out, I got in the habit of eating Oreos (or their off-brand competitors) with water. Some people might hear that and say Ewwwww. It's only water. I cut out drinking milk directly, but I haven't cut out eating food with it still in there. I also used to rip apart pieces of wheat bread put them roll them into balls, put them in my mouth and drink some water also. Wow, I just said I put balls in my mouth.

Anyway, I like saving money at times on food items that I feel are Waaaay too expensive, one of these items is Oreos. I was never a real big fan of Oreos to begin with, they just seemed too waxy & gritty. I have found that the Tuxedos from Safeway, or better known as Dominick's brand in Chicago, are the best for price & more importantly taste. It seem like they are always on sale or have a great deal, you can basically buy two Tuxedos or one Oreo. Simple Math. Something the teach you in 7th grade Home-Economics class in spotting the better buy. Another alternative is Target's Market Fresh "Cookies n Creme" cookie, these can go for about $1.75/box or on a good day they can be 2 for 1 which is always a good thing. I came across a site that set out to find the best oreo knock-offs for your buck, and taste buds. It turns out that the Tuxedos was #1.

The Tuxedos also come in different flavors like Mint Chip, Neapolitan, S'Mores, Chocolate Creme and the always favorite Double Filled Creme. You give a kid a S'Mores Tuxedo and they will be in heaven. I have turned co-workers and friends onto the Neapolitans & they are hooked. There is also a Tuxedos Ice Cream, which I have yet to try. No music listening post today, I am currently transferring files from my hard drive back onto a friend's hard drive. Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy