Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The 80's Peaced the 90's...



So, as the Seven of you prolly know from my previous posts, I started sk8n in 1986, this picture here is from 1987. I dove in head first into sk8n, I went and gave myself the "Tony Hawk" haircut, got a pair of blue, Vans hi-tops, Then later I switched to Awesome shoes because they were Cheaper than Vans with the Same exact Quality, Different sole & Stripe. My Mom would stop by Sundance Cyclery in Bloomingdale, IL on her way home from work, If she saw shoes one sale she would buy me two pair. She may not have ever learned anything about skating all these years, but she always looked out for me if she saw a deal on skate clothes or shoes. I Pierced my ear with a huge safety pin at a 7th grade dance, then went to Claire's Boutique and stole a dangley Peace Sign earring as seen in this picture with my older brother, Eric. Above are two pictures, the 1st is Me and Mom's's (momsiz, urban for "my mommy") from around 1992-93, I'm guessing from my glasses & pants. The 2nd is the Epic pic of me & my late brother Eric. Screaming of 80's and I love it, his George Michael beard and Denim/Leather combo jacket & me with skater flair broooo. He turned me onto Megadeth in 1986 or 87, I was listening to Dead Kennedys on the stereo and he comes in, turned it off put on the album "peace sells..." and was all like, "this is real music!". I KNDA just stood there and said "I dunnoooo...." all whiny and stuff. Then I gave it a listen on my own when he wasn't around, and today it is still, I think one of the best Metal albums EVER! He also had Metallica's "Pastor of Muppets" which at the time, in 6th grade i had no clue who they were. I do remember going to the Carnival and standing by the Tilt-A-Whirl in the summer between 6th & 7th grades (1986) & some Burnout had the stereo hooked up to the lights on the ride so they would blink to the music playing, I remember being charged and getting goose bumps thinking "this is awesome!". It wasn't until later when I listened to my brother's tape in secret that I realized that the Burnout was jamming that album "pastor of muppets" that night I got butterflies. From that moment on, it was then I realized was also Metal. My room became a collage of Skateboarding, Steve Caballero, various Metal band clippings from RIP & Metal Edge magazines, Exodus (pleasures of the flesh), Dark Angel (darkness descends), Death Angel (frolic in the park), Rage (execution guaranteed), Grim Reaper (fear no evil), Napalm Death (scum), Helloween (keeper/keys), Blood Feast (kill for pleasure), Wehrmacht (biermacht), Slayer (reign in blood) Etc... & one whole wall dedicated to nothing but Megadeth & Metallica. I have too much shit. If you came over you would be in awe of the stuff I have, not because it's too much, but of how cool some of it is & that I still have it in god condition. By the time of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Space Deranger" by Oneiromanix from the compilation "Telepathik Nonsense" 2009. Oh ooops, it seems that while writing that last line it was Cross Fading into the next track which is "Tsall Cymbal Lick" by Cuboid Atom from the same compilation. I just DWNLD'd it this morning and I am Czeching it out, maybe I'll do a review of it for the Seven of you. Not that you would care about this kind of music, you can czech it for URSLF here at Ektoplazm Sound Liberation if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy