Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sleeping seems to help....


So, have you ever wanted to sleep outside, the way the cool Chicago breeze just rolls over your face on a nice 70* day? Last week there were a few days that I just wanted to do just that. I wish I had a rooftop with private access with no fear of rodents, eating my toes. I remember as teeny boppers we would sleep on the top of my friends 8 foot halfpipe on such nights, as the ones I just suggested, out in St. Charles, IL. There was one time we slept on his roof outside of his window over the back door, it was maybe a 6 or 7 foot long roof with a slight tilt, we were in sleeping bags laying on our Backs looking at stars and moving things in space, I remember waking up at some point during the night and our Feet & Legs were dangling off the roof, there was a good foot after our Feet when we started, we slid down about 2-3 feet in the night. Pretty scary when you're trapped in a bag.

One time I was in Carbondale, IL and this girl had a small flat roof about 6 x 10 foot, it was so beautiful down there, I just fell a sleep for about 20 minutes. There was a huge pine tree next to the roof, what woke me up was the owl Whooing in the tree.

My most recent experience was October 2008 in the Arizona desert somewhere out by Goodyear, got two hours sleep, woke up got a beer & fell asleep again on the couch in the morning sun with a cool 7am desert breeze.

As of the time of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Bartender" by Gang Green from the album "I81B4U" 1988, Every song on this EP is a 5 star keeper. The title is a reference to Van Halen's album, OU812 released in the same year. I81B4U translates phonetically to "I Ate One Before You")

3 comments:

  1. first of all there are many falacies in your story, it was in november, not october and it was in surprise which really isn't close to goodyear. oh and IS GAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh someone told me my blog is getting pretty gay lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it was November? I swear it was the last week in October, WTEVS, it would have been "is gay" no matter waht month, all i knew is that we drove soooooooo far to get there, i have no clue after i'm outta Phoenix. what do they expect from a blog call "the gay ocean".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy