Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rain picks up an appetite for sunshine...



So, I wanted to go ride today, but then i saw it was prolly gunna rain allllllll day, I was thinking about it, and when I had a job and rode to work it was no problem if it rained because I had to ride in it.
Ever since I got laid off it has made me all picky about which days I ride. Too breezy, looks humid, looks like rain, friends want lunch, CD to import. The list goes on, it's like the book of excuses we almost made for Jackson Taylor because he wouldn't want to skate or more like, We wanted to go skate and he would come up with the funniest reasons why he didn't want to.
You have to admit, riding Beach cruisers to the rooftop of some bar or having a BBQ are some pretty damn good reasons not to go skate. I miss hanging with Jackson, we were close bros, then he moved away, then he moved back, then there was some weird circle of friends incest type of stuff going on, and well, we just lost touch. Dude is SRSLY one fukkin funny Muhh Fuhh.
I don't think he parties or skates as much as he used to but I bet he is no less of a good time to be around. This rainy day is for you Jackson. Thanks for all the free drinks you got us with your personality, wish we were still in touch.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "People In Church (Demo)" by the band Stations from the album "Way Hap: Ultimate Rarities" 1981 (or something). Stations was a local Chicago band that Steve Albini was in before they kicked him out (or so I understand) he then went to be waaaaay bigger than them with Big Black.

Great I rambled too damn long and now I am listening to "You're Gunna Miss Me" by Radio Birdman from the album "Radios Appear" 1978. Lucky Day... now the Seven of you now get two new artists to discover.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy