Monday, April 27, 2009

30 in 2...


So, I went out and rode yesterday with my friend Stephanie, she had to go to her Mom's for some stuffs, her Mom lives by the Botanic Gardens up in like Glencoe, Il.
We had some food, you know, to Carbo-Load for our ride. I had some Cranberry juice and a Turkey sandwich on Honey Flax Wheat bread w/Lettuce & Swiss cheese, my mustard was just regs Grey Poupon™ or however you spell it.
Oh I did also have some Hummus on Naaaaaan. She was all worried about it raining so I went outside to see what all the fuss was about, I looked at the sky, read the Clouds and Wind and determined that if it was going to rain it would be soon and only for a short time, due to the Gray cloud being directly above us and White-ish cloud behind that in the direction of wind.
We go back inside and it starts raining for about maybe 5 minutes. We get on our bike about five minutes after that and it was already starting to dry, it was cool & humid. We got on the bike trail, there is this extensive system out there, and proceeded to ride for 2 hours.
Now, I have only rode once since last fall, so this was kinda getting in over my head. My cardio & muscles wern't up to code yet in my mind but, you kinda lose track of time when you're riding through the forest. It turns out that when we got back to her Mom's at the end of our ride, that she had set her Odometer and Clock on her bike.
We rode for 2 hours (1h 56m) and 30 miles (act. 28mi). I was so sore, well mostly just my thighs, we stopped at about 14 miles to stretch and lay on the concrete. When I put my back to the concrete it cracked the whole way down, felt sooo goooood. So we do some post ride carbs, cashews, macadamia nuts, Wheat Thins™ & hummus, and a Gatorade G2™.
Well, after we sit there snacking & watching the end of Snakes on a Plane on FX™ we get up to go put the bikes in the car.
My bike being a 1998 Cannondale, she has been with me 11 years now. She is graced with Skate Illinois & Such Luck stickers, as well as many other punk band stickers, she even wears an Hallucinogen sticker from 1998. Oh yeah, as I go to stand up my ankle joint is almost frozen, not cold but as in it feels fused together. The joys of past injuries & getting older.

As of the time of the ending of this post I am currently listening to "Devozione" by Ashes from the album "Corpus" 1996, some great Dub chillout music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy