Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Better With BBQ Sauce...


So, since it was nice out and I was at the skatepark in Chicago, known in circles simply as Wilson, all WKND. If you ever visit you will love it or hate it, if you hate it you can simply walk 3 minutes over to the lake and take in her majesty, dip your toes, go wading or dive in and refresh.
Now when I say lake, I mean HUGE WATER COVERING AREA, when out of towners get here they think small lake like in a campground. When I take them to it, they're like HS!-WTF?
Bring your GF or BF along with your Puppy dog because the dog beach is right there too.

On the way home I usually stop by Holiday Club to get a drink and some food to fulfill my starving skater appetite, this is unlike the starving artist appetite because I was actually outside doing exercise of some sort, burning calories that I did not take in in the first place, which is prolly kinda bad for you.
At Any rate, I was hungry for some good food. Skated Sunday and stopped by, a lot of my friends work there & I used to work there in 2003 just as a lonely door boy. One of the girls that I worked with was working there this night. I was going to order a pizza, but she said she has one coming up so I could just share it with her, she ordered a Bacon, Spinach, Pineapple Pizza w/BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce.
OMG it was SFG! I call my friends Chad & he calls Tony to stop by. So while waiting for Tony, Chad buys that round of drinks. When Tony shows up we mover to a comfortable table for 3. We then proceed to drink more, Chad has to leave, Tony & I stay.
My Friend Kelly shows up to work the back room, Tony buys the two pitchers we downed. We head to the back bar where Kelly buys our first drinks, we talk, have a blast until Kevin rolls up to DJ, Kevin's Dad used to be the Drummer for Twisted Sister.
They do Bingo every Sunday night at Holiday, playing good Rockabilly & good Punk. yada yada yada Tony picks up the end tab again, I'm all "you sure" and he's all "don't worry about it". Got there at 7pm stayed until close. We Got Faded.

Monday comes too soon and I have to go skate again Because Steve from Yay! A Place for Boards in coming to town with 6 pack Chris. Yay! is closed on Mondays. You can find the link to Yay! under the tab for "YEAH BOARDSHOP" in the sidebar.
Dry Bones Nation & Jesse Neuhaus show up also and together we all shred, I love skating with those dudes, Steve, Jesse & I have skated with each other since the old days of the Chicago Street Skater Mob of like 30-40 kids destroying all of DWNTWN like skate locusts.
After the Sesh I head to Holiday Club again because my good friend Dave is working, always a güd tÿm when he's there, this time he and the door guy Rory already had a pizza made and offered the rest to me, the one they made was Chicken & Mozzarella w/Buffalo sauce instead of pizza sauce, with cups of Ranch & Bleu Cheese for your dipping pleasure. Sat there for six hours. Got Faded Again.

Tuesday rolls up, 70* and sunny some wind but not enough to deter a Chicago skater that's been itching for 'crete all winter. prolly got too much Sun because of the cool breeze not letting you know you're frying. Again I go to Holiday Club at 6pm, because my friend Danielle Bartends Tuesdays, I walk in there and get a seat next to the Goose Island Rep, Holiday is now gunna sell Matilda. We start talking, he buys me two Matilda's, they are SFG & potent. Find and try it.
This time for my Pizza choice I go with the Bacon, Spinach, Tomato w/Chicken (or know to inside circles as BST w/C) & BBQ sauce as my base. COMBO!!! St. Fatty's day wasn't that bad no drunk assholes or pancake boobs flapping in your face. I guess all those people went out and got retarded on the WKND 4 the SSIP (south-side irish parade) so maybe when it falls on a WKDY it's not that bad.
I usually avoid it altogether just 2b safe, or maybe the fact that the bar is not called O'Holiday's Clubbe.
Anyway I had fun and stayed, this time, just before close, but still was there for over 6 hours, prolly 7.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Tragedy (For You)" by Front 242 from the album "Tyranny (For You)" 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy