Thursday, March 10, 2011

Silas Baxter Neal...

So, I was on the Sleestak site in one of their forums and soem dewd posted this *pic in a comment box of SiBax doing a Gap to Backside Lipslide, or G2BSLS if you talk that way. Most people just prolly say Gap to Back lip though.
Silas was living in the Chicago area out in Schaumburg for a bit, but then moved closer to the city. I think his GF / Wife was going to school or soem ish in Illinois.

He's an amazing skater to watch, I had the pleasure of being able to snake him on more than one occasion at the Wilson park in Chicago. I dunno if it bothered him or if he didn't mind.
My guess is that he liked it because it made him feel moar alive, that and the fact that I was one of the few skating and not sitting down gawking like most of the people at the park.

It's weird a dude like Silas will just show up at random and everybody sits down, watches him, and doesn't bother him. But... if were to show up during a demo he'd be hounded for his board, stickers, shoes, autograph and not be given any room to skate.
I've seen it happen when Jake Phelps and Julien Stranger showed out of nowhere in a Subaru Outback or when Trujillo and his King of the Road team came through in 2003 the kids just sit down and watched how you're supposed to skate.
During a demo I've seen Koston have like a sidewalk width to skate, Greco never even got outta the car one.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "I Am Abomination" by Exodus from the album "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" released in 2005.

*(pic is from the transworld skateboarding magazine website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy