Monday, March 21, 2011

TB-303 Acid Shoes...

 So, back in August 2010 I got the idea to design a tribute shoe for the Roland TB-303 bass synthesizer.
Shortly after designing these I posted them on Twitter & Facebook. Later, the Synth blog Matrixsynth contacted me about getting him pics and he'd do a post about them, here's his post.
I bought one of these silver acid boxes back in 1997, got to use it for just over a year and then it quit on me. I still have it laying around just in case I find soembody worthy of looking at it / fixing it. Oh yeah, then there's coming up with money to fix it. I could prolly sell it to soembody and they could pay to get it fixed, maybe do soem crazy Devil Fish mods to it.
I currently have it up for auction on Ebay.

In 1998 I bought a 303 clone and Novation Super Bass Station and was able to emulate the 303 pretty damn well, but nothing will ever replace the sounds it produced.
One album that uses the 303 to its fullest, or may well abuse it, is "TB Resuscitation" by Hardfloor.
A fine example of Acid Techno.
These shoes are available at Zazzle and have been a big hit in places like Belgium, UK, Italy, Germany, and France.
I've only sold two pair in the USA... SF & NOLA.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Hard To Survive" by Zoetrope from the album "A Life Of Crime" released in 1987. A metal band from Chicago.

In association with Zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy