Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today's Time Capsule, fIREHOSE...

So, back in 1991 as a senior in HS we would go to Chicago on the WKNDs to go skate, buy music, and see bands that we liked play live. In this case I did not do the latter.
Shucks, soemtimes we would go on a whim in the middle of the week if we had nothing better to do. Back then gas was only maybe $1.00/gal.
I think it was prolly 89¢ - 99¢

I remember going to Reckless Records on Broadway and buying music and upon leaving saw a stack of these in the front window. Now, I had all intentions of going to this show because ever since Speed Freaks came out in 1989 I had been obsessed with the fIREHOSE sound.

The way Windmilling just makes you wanna cruz around on your board having the best time of your life, how Some Things, For the Singer of REM, Anti-Misogyny Maneuver  and Riddle of the Eighties make you wanna take a ride in your car on a summer dei with all the windows down with no destination in mind, how What Gets Heard make you think of Danny Way's part, and Mike Watt's bass solo on From One Cums One is just awesome.

I hung these fliers all over mai High School and I only have this one left in mai collection. I never made it to the show, but I bet it was pretty fucking amazing.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Tien An Man Dream Again" by fIREHOSE from the album "Flyin' The Flannel" released in 1991.
(respectively and respectfully)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy