Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today's Time Capsule, Tad...

So, I remember when I heard this for the first time, the album above of course.
Tad - "8-Way Santa" was released on Sub Pop records in 1991. I was with mai friend Sam when he bought it the dei it came out and we drove around stoked in his '79 Chevy Blazer. 

Whenever we'd drive around listening to this we'd crank the tracks "Jinx" & "Jack Pepsi" whenever they came on. I always loved the song "3-D Witch Hunt" because it was so different from the rest of the album. You would never know that it was a fatty behemoth singing with such a [pretty] voice. The whole album is great from the opening riff on "Jinx" to the last fading vibrating note on "Plague Years."
Not only did they get in trouble for the original artwork, I think they also got in trouble for using the name Pepsi in the track "Jack Pepsi" and had to change it to just jack.


I came across this album for less than $10 at a second hand store around 1994, Never played it because I have it on cassette. This is prolly the 3rd time it's been outta the package. Now they're on Discogs selling for up to $57.
Not a bad investment.


As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Rain" by Prism from the compilation "Feed Your Head 3: Accelerating Alpha Rhythms" released in 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy