Sunday, April 3, 2011

Steve Ortega, SUper Good...

So, while cleaning off an old desk in the basement, I came across this drawing I did in like 1989-90? of Steve Ortega about to do a lipslide in a ditch. Mai old friend Kevin Buchwald and I would soemtimes sit around his house and draw pics from the magazines, this is one of them.

I remember drawing this one pic of Jeff Ramos doing a frontside wall ride 5-0 on soem 4 foot wall in an alley in an old Z-boys ad. I was stoked on seeing him in a mag because I met him at a contest in Downers Grove, IL behind a Pizza Hut in 1987.
This drawing is a picture of...
 ...this photo centerfold (or at least a 2 pager) from Transworld Skateboarding Magazine, I think it's from 1990. Could be from 1989, whenever Hensley fever was at its Zenith.
I hope you enjoy this little glimpse into Skate Art history.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Tutte Le Acque..." by Ashes from the album "Corpus" released in 1996, featuring Bill Laswell on Bass and engineered by Robert Musso.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy