Thursday, December 3, 2009

Today's Time Capsule, Ted Nugent...


So, back when I was a little itty bitty 6 year old iSapien 1956672, in 1980, mai Dad came home with this, I mean the best, thing that made mai brother and I crank the stereo to 10 and put on those big white Pioneer SE-30 headphones. It was the most powerful thing I have ewer heard in mai entire life up until that point, a cassette tape of Ted Nugent's "Scream Dream."

I remember being in awe of the cover, "How did his arms become guitars?", "Is he in soem sort of pain, is that why he's screaming?" Oh, and the music. Mai god man, the music is soooo balls out. Soemthing of which I had no clue of since mine had not dropped yet, I could not get enuff of this whether it was played in the stereo, the headphones, the Chevy Scottsdale, the walkman, the Chrysler, mai 1st Audi, you name it I cranked it all the way to this dei. The tape player in this Audi has since failed only to have go all iPod all the time. I do not have "Scream Dream" on CD or any other format to enjoy.

That saem cassette followed me as we moved from Genoa, IL (Birth 1974-'82) to Oregon, IL ('82-'85) and then our move to St. Charles, IL ('85-present) where I listened to that tape all the time. The actual tape now resides in the basement of mai Mommy's house. At almost 30 years old it still plays perfectly, no tape crinkles, no magnetic warping, no solar melting, and no machine has ewer gotten hungry or brave enuff to sink its teeth into the Nuge.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Core" by Tsuyoshi Suzuki from the album "Deck Wizards 2" released in 1996 on Psychic Deli records. The vinyl is a DJ friendly 2xLP whereas the CD is the mix in its entirety as one continuous track of 1h 16m 53s, instead of cut-up into separates like most mix CDs come as.
The actual track that is playing from the mix is "Track 4" by Oligo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy