Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today's Time Capsule, Gang Green...


Gang Green - WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU

MONGORIA | MySpace Video

So, Back in 7th grade I got the February's new Thrasher and was TTLY taken by the cover photo, a band I have never heard of, but just had to hear, Gang Green. This issue is one of mai favorite issues, not just for the cover, but for almost everything packed inside.
Crailslide step-by-step, the Lance Mountain ad for Independent Stage V's that made me wanna skate Indys, the Garage Sailing article that taught me about Thrifting and the beauty of GS, page 56, and The Sound That Roared section that gave me new musical direction rather than just the Agent Orange, Circle Jerks, DK, Meatmen and Suicidal Tendencies that I had been listening to.
I got it. With the next acquisition of money in mai Jimmy'z hip-pack I went down to the local mall to the Camelot Music and purchased You Got It from the "Alternative" section, back when it was the alternative to mainstream music and not just soem shitty genre, and they gave it to me.
"We'll Give It To You", "Sheet Rock", "Born To Rock" are soem of the most intense songs for a hormonic puberty induced teen to hear cranked on a Boom Box while skating the back patio learning Hurricanes both ways, Boardslides to Fakie both ways, and Tailslides (one way only) on a seven inch curb. Over the years I bought whatever new cassette the band put out.
If we had cable in 1987 AND had MTV AND they actually played the video AND I would've seen this video... I would have been sooo blown away, much like the way when I first saw the video for soem Anthrax randomly on soem video show. You know, the one where the dude is wearing the "Injun" hat runnin' around stage with the bill straight up?
Anyway, this is a fukkin' Gang Green post, not Adrenalin O.D. idea stealing Anthrax.

If you skate, then you obviously know about the Thrasher Skate Rock series. The song Skate to Hell is on Vol.3 Wild Riders of Boards.
Enjoy the video and the free album.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "The Templar Flame" by Hammerfall from the album "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken" on Pandora.
A Pandora player is now located at the top of the SRC Bypass blog on the left-hand side. Which you would have to be blind not to have noticed the big orange box. Feel free to use the search bar above Pandora to search for any of the artists that I have given a thumbs up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy