Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Look Inside From 1994..


So, I will be house sitting for two weeks following the oral surgery of me getting my new sockets installed for my implanted teeth starting July 31st, 2009. I will be writing one journal a day from some old journals I had found from my College days of 1994 at Elgin Community College (ECC) in Elgin, Illinois.

After HS I had gone to ECC for two years (92-94) to study Art & Photography before making my transfer to Columbia College Chicago (94-95) to continue my Photography & study Music Recording. It was all fun and I still see some people around Chicago that I had classes with and/or worked with in the Photo Lab.
There was a girl named Melissa "Missy" Wroblewski, who had died, that was roomies with my friend Kim in the Columbia dorms. A lot of us Photographists & her friends at school had taken the Amtrak up to Kalamazoo, MI. for her funeral.
Here's a PDF of The Columbia College Chronicle from 1994.

There was a scholarship established in her memory. The Melissa Wroblewski Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship recognizes a graduating senior student of Kalamazoo Central High School who, like Missy, demonstrates an interest and ability in the visual arts, has taken art classes at Kalamazoo Central and plans to pursue a two-or four-year degree in the visual arts.

Death doesn't always have to be sad, something good will always come and follow to make your death positive. No matter what you may think, at the end of each day, living or dead, you have made a difference for the better in somebody's life and will always be remembered, like Missy.
I only hung out with her maybe ten times outside of school, but we would talk in the labs while washing & drying our negatives, prints. She made an impression on me and I will always see her smile and hear her faint laugh.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Shiver Me" by Holopaw from the album "Quit +/Or Fight" 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy