Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tony Alva, Stacy Peralta, and Myself...

Ultimate grom moment
So, Sundei, April 15th, 2012 was the reopening of the Vans Store in Santa Monica and they had a signing with Tony Alva, Stacy Peralta, and Wes Humpston.
Wes never showed, but I did see Craig Stecyk just chilling in the background of the store. I approached him and said "Craig? I just recognized you and wanna say thanks for all the pics and words over the years growing up." 
I had him sign the poster of Stacy doing 360's, that Stacy also had signed to me.

It was weird, it was moar nervousness asking for TA & SP's autographs, but when I saw Craig I got teary eyed and on the verge of crying. Dunno why, maybe because I didn't expect to see the guy who saw beyond waht these two were doing in the 70's as soemthing much moar than just kids fun. He gave it [skateboarding] life with his words, and a lifestyle with his pictures.
Thanks to the 3 of you, but moar importantly to Craig.
When I told him "I didn't expect to see you here." he kindly replied, "I was just walking by."

That, to me, was just so cool that he was just walking the saem beat he's always walked for the past 30-40 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy