Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kirk & The Jerks...


So, after all these years (21 of them) I have finally found soem material from Lancaster, Pennsylvania's own Kirk & The Jerks that wasn't on the H-Street skate videos.

A few years ago I had found their Myspace page, and there was no option to download any of the songs, so like the crafty iSapien that I am, I grabbed mai mini-disc recorder, pressed record on the MD, pressed play on the Myspace player and I was the happiest little alien human hybrid there ever was when recording had ceased and I played it back.
At one point I was in contact with one of the old guitarists, and told him that I would put forth $100 of mai own dollars toward the production of a CD of their tunes.

Mai fave tune they had on the Myspace page was "Can't Wait For The Breakdown."
I used to play that song over and over and over and over andover. Now, here it is on this Demo tape that they prolly just passed out to friend or sold at shows.
Man, I wish I could have seen them B in the D.
Maybe they could play mai 40th birthdei (in four years)
"ahem!!!"

So here it is for you at Mediafire or Rapidshare

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Side 1" by William Shatner from the album "Captain of the Starship" a spoken word album from 1978.

5 comments:

  1. any chance you can put up this tape again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collection of hard to find tracks of Kerk and the Jerks. Skate Rock Punk Legends. Kirk and the Jerks hail from Lancaster Penn. and were featured in "Shackle me not" skate film from Tony Magnussons H-Street. Bit rate 128 & 320 due to various sources.

    13 Songs - Self Titled Album name.
    Enjoy

    http://kat.ph/kirk-the-jerks-t7086327.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Links to this blog page or dedder than ded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I'll remove old links and look for new ones... Thanks for checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's here! https://divisionstreetsounds.limitedrun.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy