Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OMA BBQ...


So, it's that time of year again Fellows where I pack my bags and must go to Arizona for the 4th annual OMA BBQ weekend, Mesa to be exact. That's where my friends Frog & Joy live in their house with my niece and nephew Malibu & Compton. Malibu is the tall one.

Gotta stop by Yeah! boardshop to stock up on soem new ish, like a new 8.25, soem new STF's and soem new chukka lows. Still have to buy mai plane ticket, hope I can still find a cheapo price out there on a good airline, I love Southwest, but I hat the trek down to Midway on the CTA, crybaby.

I can't wait to skate you again and you and you and you. Maybe run into some of the Dry Bones Nation Arizona chapter.

Maybe I'll hit up Marfa over at Wellborn Clothing to see if I could do some product plugging while I'm out there, you know, get the brand noticed in the southwestern public eye, which might be KNDA good since it'll still be KNDA fresh in their minds after seeing their rider Shawn Turner get 6th in Chicago's King of DC contest thingy, whatevs.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Lonely Riders" by D.S. Yancey from the album of the same name "Lonely Riders".
All Songs were recorded in the Spring of 2006 in the sleeper cab of D.S. Yancey's old Freightliner semi, from San Diego to Denver. I met him, 2007, through a friend I used to work with Mark Scearce, who's friends were having a house party in KNDA a reunion of sorts of old friends, they all had bands and Yancey one one of the acts, all solo, he played the Tambourine with his foot. Mark recorded that night on his MD player. I'd like to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy