Thursday, October 8, 2009

All I Need Is An Amoeba...


So, My parents both went to catholic school. They believe in god and the like, but never really pushed it onto me aside from the fact that I had my communion, went to CCD as a kid every wednesday after school for about two years 3rd-4th grade. My brother didn't do the CCD thing. I think they did a pretty good job of raising me and instilling a good set of ideals in me. They showed me what they knew yet gave me the freedom to decide for myself once I was old enough.

Around 6th grade I started reading in the school library and found out about all these other religions, I started to question that maybe Jesus & Christianity isn't the ONE answer, but maybe rather certain peoples interpretation of some events that may have really happened, they all talk about a flood. So it really made me open myself up to other sides of the story, since even people in the same religions have disputes about the story and its meaning and what he/they were trying to say.

I just took with me the good things, the basic good rules to live by from my learnings in my time with the church up until 6th grade, I kept reading to try and get a better understanding of people and their cultural beliefs in general and why not, I don't bother anybody, I listen without prejudice to what they have to say about what it is they believe and understand what is right to them. It is only when I get approached and feel like I'm being cornered, bullied or basically told that I am wrong that I get defensive.

Pagan, Wicca, Druid and let's not forget that you can't have Satan without God, it's like day & night, Whatever, etc. they all have a similar root base, it is just that every tree is different, to me anyway.

What is so wrong with worshipping the Earth our Mother? We are all here, for a reason or not. What is a Fern's purpose, Why do Centipedes exist, what are Fruits & Vegetables? They are all here and we (all creatures) eat or use them and they are good or bad for us, just thinking about that kind of stuff gets you twisted and starts to make your head hurt like when you try to figure out the time travel in Back to the Future or Terminator.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but you could be, sometimes it comes off as maybe a little pushy to some people. Hell, maybe I'm wrong, I could be. We all need to maybe just hold that little 1% in the back of our minds that we could be.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "FM Terror" by XMF from the compilation "Mururoa Test 1" released in 1995. A great Hardcore/Gabber compilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy