Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rome, If You Want To...


So, I should really try to travel more and make the most of seeing my friends, the only real expense for said travel would be getting there. I have friends in many states that I love to visit let's start with...

Seattle, WA with whom which I could could stay with, this would be Justin & Jackie. I have known Justin since 1987, Seventh grade. We were skate punx, skated all the time, at one time he had the loosest trucks in St. Charles, IL. plus, Justin introduced me to Adrenalin O.D. and G.B.H.; he is the reason I have skated loose trucks all this time. When Justin got married It was me he took with to look for rings for Jackie, and asked for me be his Best Man, I was more than happy.
Musically we were similar with the whole punk thing then it ventured into the drum machine tape loop stuff and Industrial music like Einsturzende Neubauten and Ajax (a WaxTrax! Records artist). Even though Justin got more into the Classic Rock and Blues, he'd still help me on projects in my studio, he really brought a breath of fresh air to the songs we worked on, his enthusiasm toward making music is so inspiring, no matter what Genre.

Next... Mesa, AZ.
We have Chris (Frog) & Joy. I first me Frog in 2000 after returning to a job that I quit for 2 months. They hired him as a print pressman. It turns out that Frog & I both skated, both liked punk music and both knew the same people from waaaaay B in the D, but never met until then. We quickly became close, with him and Joy claiming that they were going to adopt me, I remember the first time I went to their house after skating, Joy had made all this food like Taquitos, Mozzarella Stix and Poppers. I quickly became almost family and still am to this day with them inviting me to Thanksgiving, Christmas. I even watched their house and dog Malibu, my niece, in Arizona while they came back to Chicago for Patrick & Kelly's wedding [insert link to speakeasy tattoo]

Next... California.
My Aunt & Uncle Jennifer & Mark, who live in Martinez. Mark is a super rad mechanic & a Harley Davidson rider, old school, not one of those kewl noob guys that watches Orange County Choppers on the weekends, dude has permanent stained black cuticles, huge biker mustache and everything. He's actually Hardly Dangerous, but a Tuff dude nonetheless when I visited them in 1989 for the summer I remember Mark listening to some College Radio station while on the way to Concord to pick up my Aunt from work, this was my first experience with that type of radio, College Radio. I about flipped when I heard "Making the Bombs" by Circle Jerks coming out from across a radio frequency. This solidified my respect for Mark, well that and the fact that he's put up with my Aunt for so long.
Also in California I have an Uncle John and step Aunt Leah who also have a Summer home up in Northern Wisconsin, which would be nice just to get away even if just for a weekend.
Let's see, who else? Oh, the Manatee crew & Cat Face Meowmers, maybe even a stop to see the Sin Habits crew down in the LBC, even though I only know Shizer and Rehab.

Next... Portland, OR.
Here, out in Portland I have various family, friends and family friends, any one of which I could prolly call on to come visit or have a place to stay if I'm just passing through. One of the friends that I went to HS with is in the band 800 Octane.

Next... NYC? Montana? Wyoming? Vegas?

Ahhhhhhh you get the idea. Don't you? Needing tons of money or even a lot of it to get away for some time with family or friends is just not the case. $300 could bring you prolly one of the best times of your life, it may seem like a lot of money to some of you, but once you smile, see their smile and get that first hug upon arrival your trip has pretty much paid for itself right there, and you haven't even put your bags in the trunk yet.

The hardest part is thinking about it.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "The Gathering" by Passenger from the album "Broken Hearts of Brothers Lost" 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy