Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rollergaydes...


So, um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um after receiving flak from the wax on metal edges post, it occurred to me that the skater might not be 100% to blame for the Über wax job on the metal edges of parks everywhere, as we all know, the rollerhipsters wax the shit out of EVERYTHING in sight. But still, when waxing a ledge, you need only spread it on lightly one time much like that of a Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich, you get enough peanut butter on the knife and spread it around to make one thin layer of sticky nuttiness, you don't scrape the whole jar onto the bread, roight? I mean you're not planing a door.
Who rollerblades anymore anyway? Those guys & gals on the beach with the slalom cones & neon short shorts with Oakleys ® & Croakies ®? Rollergaydes is more like it.
Hmmm, the boot is plastic, the edge is metal... let's see, after passing science class, and high school in general, I seem to remember that the Petroleum based compound would make it easier to slide across an area at any rate of speed besides standing still. (take for instance the term: Oil Slick) it's not "Oil Stick". If that's your problem I suggest investing in a box of Q-Tips. Take the issue of Copers and coping. You have a petroleum based product that helps you "grind" across "pool coping" & metal edges.
Now, the EXTREME rollerblade companies, I'm sure, have an R&D team that test certain compounds against certain types of terrain that would make your sport, of any trick that you do makes it look like you're taking a shit in the woods, an easier experience than telling your parents that you're Gay.
So, to the skaters, it's not just you. To the Gay Blades, it's 100% you. So, next time you see me find wax, have a fun time running after it to try & find it in the grass, I might just let you use my hanky for your tears because I threw out your moms bikini wax.
Some may see me as bitter & shun me, some may agree silently so as not to be outed by the "bros" - I hope that the seven of you are able to understand to some extent, Bee oh oh, Eych oh oh. It's a blog, settle down. Buy Buster Bear shirts, Buy Wellborn Clothing, Shoppe at Yeah! Boardshop.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Candi" by Tad from the album "8 Way Santa" 1991 Sub Pop Records (back when they put out good music).

1 comment:

  1. its a freaking torcher device for children look at the straps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy