Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Diet Tripping...

So, one thing I don't like about going on road trips is the fact that there aren't that many healthy food options that you get accustomed to living in a diverse city. Usually when you're on the road these highways run straight through the thick of the country.

As you can see in the picture above, I have a jug of water, a jug of lemonade, a beef stick, a bag of deep fried salted peanuts, and a bag of Flavor Twists. I think the only healthy thing I had going for me was the bottle of Joint Juice I drank on the daily, my B12 tablet, and Cinnamon capsules
You can't really drive 5000 miles and just eat apples, oranges, and narnas.
Okay, maybe YOU can.

Nobody has heard of a "Garden Burger" at a Subway (in them parts) so you end up having to get a sub of all vegetables, and that's about the healthiest thing you can eat on the road, problem is, you aren't traveling alone. You have 3 other dewdz with you who all want soemthing dif.
I mean, sure, there was this one place that was the "Home of the Laguna Burger," but You're better off just grabbing apples, oranges, and narnas off the front counter at the QT or Circle K.

Forget about finding Vegan options on the road. If you go to a restaurant, ask if they have anything Vegan, people start looking at you with a blank or misunderstood stare like Vegan is a disease or soemthing.
When you do decide to stop for food other than at the mini-mart at the gas station one wants Taco Bellyache, one wants McDowell's, one wants Vegan, and me? Well, I'll find soemthing at anyone of those places. If you ask me nothing beats a Spicy Chickers Combo from Wedny's with a DP.

So, my goal on this trip was to eat healthy while on the road and in LA, let's just say that all went in the shitter. Marfa is Vegan so I have no prob going that route. It's the two other guys that were afraid of it it seemed like. You can't really go wrong with a Pita place. (which everyone passed on except me)

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "Welcome To My Mind (Labotomy Mix)" by Psykosonik from the "Welcome To My Mind" single released in 1994 on WaxTrax!/TVT records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy