Monday, January 31, 2011

Skate Photog...

So, not only do I skate, I'm also an aspiring photographist. I studied photo in HS and College and have been taking amateur photos since about the age of 9.
I still consider myself an amateur photographist because I make no money at it, that and the fact that it's mainly just for my own personal use for global recognition through the eyes of the net.
This particular photo dates from about 1994. I got those trucks during my Sophomore year of college at a Hobby Shop in Elgin, IL., the truck are a pair of Gullwings and the deck is a Matt Pailes pro model on Think.
Speaking of think, I think that the deck was 8 inches wide while the trucks were prolly 7.75 inches.
The early 90's were KNDA ghea for skateboarding. It was hard for me to even find an 8 inch deck anywhere, wheels were an even bigger problem, I had an equal or even herder time finding big wheels, the biggest I could find were 47mm, but in the pic are and old pair of 55mm New Deal "Nude Eels" which I got for Xmas 1990, so they were prolly about 53-50mm by this time. I don't know for sure, I didn't have a micrometer. Still don't.

As of the end of this post I am currently listening to "UFO Report" by Droidlock from the album "Goa Trance R.I.P" released in 1999 on Digital Underground Recordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy