Thursday, January 15, 2009



So, I put away the JD-800 for another day when my studio is back up & running and my workspace isn't 4' x 4'.

I put up my Kawai K5000S instead, it's not as deep as the 16" JD-800, it's only 12" deep. giving me 4" to put my qwerty on the front edge of the table in front of the Synth. A link below is to a blog about synthesizers, all the ones here are about the K5000S.
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/search?q=k5000s

I really love this synth, you can get such warm ethereal pads, eery ambient noise & the MOST sqealchy bone-cutting-ear-scraping-tinnitus-inducing acid lines. Not that it compares to a 303, it's just more intense, to me anyway. When i played with Cruciform Injection this was my synth that i played at every show from 1998-2003 on songs like "lost queen", "embryonic testaments" & "black tides".
http://www.cruciforminjection.com/

It's not filled with a ton of factory presets, allowing you to come up with ideas of your own to be more original. Even if you're not into music you should still goto Guitar Center or Sam Ash and sit in the Synth section for one hour and just play with one that catches your eye, you'd be surprised, maybe even get the bug like i did in 1990 after playing with one while there to get my first guitar. i first got the bug in 1988 when i went to a guys house who we skated with, he was five years older and not home, his dad invited us in and sat us down in the dark with nothing on except a UV lamp for his window plants. he had this massive 88 key synth just playing the spookiest ambient i have heard,. Well, i haven't heard that music up until then, and in my head , from what i remember, it was the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Views Since 2nd Quarter 2009

Δ▼Δ

☻ mammy ☺ mommy